3.27.2012

MOTHER knows best…

At least in this case! Skeptical that anything could overtake our beloved J Brand 901 Skinnies as our favorite jeans, I ventured into the fitting room with a stack of MOTHER styles to try on.

mother

Being a skinny jean lover, I stepped into “The Looker” first and was floored. Yeah, they’re soft to the touch, but I had no idea that they were going to be so comfortable once I had them on. So light and airy, they felt like sweatpants once I had them on, so my try-on session ended right then and there. I left the fitting room in my new favorite jeans and wore them two days in a row until “The Rascal” jumped into first place.

Similar in fit everywhere but the leg, The Looker and The Rascal are low rise, slim fitting styles, both in medium washes (The Looker in Rancho Diablo and The Rascal in Medium Kitty) and both are long enough to cuff, The Looker even comes pre-cuffed—perfect for summer.

The Wilder and The Runaway are your basic bootcuts, with The Wilder fitting closer to a flare trouser with it’s soft, relaxed knees and The Runaway a true, skinny bootcut fit that barely fits over your shoe. While not my favorites in the bunch (everybody knows I’m a skinny-jeans girl) I still see myself in the The Runaway on a lazy Saturday this summer. Secretly, I can’t wait until I can find an excuse for them. Maybe a relaxing weekend away…

Share:
© Swank Boutique Blog | All rights reserved.