3.10.2019

BASALT ASSAULT


Ok, I have to admit, I honestly just fell for the packaging on this one. It was a definite buy-before-we-tried situation, which I NEVER do, but I really couldn't help myself. Guys, THIS PACKAGING!Luckily, the product did not disappoint in the slightest.

I am constantly searching for (and temporarily finding) "the perfect lip balm" and feel like I have ended up with a whole bunch of options that I love, each for a different lip situation. I have my Honey Belle Matcha Kiss for everyday, my Rosebud for dry times, my Henné tints or V2 balm for an on-the-go dewy look, but ever since all the 2019 Spring beauty guides have been coming out post-fashion weeks, I have been searching for the perfect glossy lip balm that IS NOT STICKY!! Until now, all I have been happy with sheen-wise has been this horrible Cl*n*que product that feels like I'm wearing syrup on my lips and my hair gets caught in constantly, but at least I got "the look" I was going for, right? Well, problem solved: after putting the tiniest bit of Basalt on for the first time, I was sold and went home and threw away all those sticky "glosses" I had trashing up my makeup drawer.




I first tried the Blood Orange, which smelled AMAZING--think a walk through an orange grove!! Then I sampled the Sweet Mint. Also amazing. It's a little more eucalyptus/spearminty than I expected but whatever the 'sweet' is mellows out the mint nicely, especially during this dry winter weather. I ultimately settled on the Original Lip Balm for its scentless versatility.


BASALT Lip Balms - $15 each

All the formulas are identical, save the scent, and the tiniest bit goes SOOOOOOO FAR!! Multiple times in the four days I have been using it, I have ended up rubbing the excess into my skin after squeezing out way more than I needed! It literally only takes a tiny little bead of lip balm to give you the shiniest, glossiest lips you can find with absolutely no stickiness--only all natural ingredients like castor seed oil, shea butter, beeswax, and vitamin E.

Natural, moisturizing, and PRETTY -- what more could a girl want in a lip balm? Oh, an overnight Lip Masque? Girl, they do that too!



BASALT also makes great candles and face masques that we are currently product testing and hoping to add to our collection soon -- check back with us on them and don't be shy about asking about them!!


Share:
© Swank Boutique Blog | All rights reserved.